cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number

Skylar2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Transfer old public mobile account but it isn’t working because account is closed

8 REPLIES 8

@Skylar2  So you will need to make payment and  to get a new SIM card and have support SIM swap the number for you . Then when you phone number working on new PM SIM card . You leave it in phone and get your new provider to start the port request so you can reply YES to the confirmation text to port PM number out . Then put new provider SIM back in phone . Once you successfully port PM number out it will automatically close the PM account and you won’t be charged again 

adding if your new provider is Koodo or Telus support might be able to verbally approve the transfer with out having to get new SIM card .

Skylar2

I can’t pay the bill because I can’t sign in without a new sim as it is trying to make me get a 6# code from the number

Skylar2

I need to get it back because it is connected to my business and email logins and such

Skylar2

I don’t think I can get into my old account because it says it needs a code from my phone number which I don’t have the SIM card for that number I have a new plan active and just wanted old number back

Skylar2

Okay I just reached out

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Yo have to subscribe first before transferring your number.
Get SIM, pay the bill, choose any number; when full service is confirmed (everything working as expected) transfer number.
BOTH account have to be active!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Skylar2  You need your PM number to be active to port it out . But you can ask support if they can verbally approve the transfer 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Skylar2 transfer out of PM of into?

account must be active for the phone number to transfer, it is normal for all carriers.  Please resume your old account first

Once old account resumed, you can re request porting 

Need Help? Let's chat.