Did you mean: 

Transfer number

Jonathan31
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I transfer my number to another provider 

4 REPLIES 4

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Whatever you do, DO NOT cancel the service you're with before making arrangements with your new provider.  If you do, the number will go back into their pool of numbers and it might not be possible to get it back.  Plus you'll have nobody to assist you at that stage.

So contact your new provider and let them know you want to transfer (port is the technical term!) an existing number.  They will assign you a temporary number and then when the transfer is finalized, it will be changed to your (old) number.  Service at your old provider will also be terminated. 

If there are any outstanding contract issues etc. with your old provider, they will refuse to complete the transfer until those issues are resolved.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jonathan31 wrote:

How do I transfer my number to another provider 

@Jonathan31 

You do not need to let Public Mobile know anything when you are porting your phone number OUT of Public Mobile, since the porting/transferring of the number is done by the new provider. 

But, if you have a credit card registered to your Public Mobile account, I would suggest to remove it prior to you porting out (just to keep things for sure clean). You can call 611 to remove Autopay or do it through your Self Serve account.

NOTE: Once you port out you WILL NOT have access to your Self Serve account.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jonathan31 : You leave this account active (unless Telus or Koodo) and then have the new provider do it all for you. It's up to them.

Need Help? Let's chat.