cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number

Vocoloco
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to port my number from Koodo to public. I have sent 2 emails to modteam (Sat and Tues), but haven't heard anything back. How long does this usually take? My plan renews soon and want to avoid that charge and unfortunately I need to keep that Koodo number for my job, so keeping the new number I selected to start the port/ transfer really isn't an option.

12 REPLIES 12

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Vocoloco wrote:

Yes I have, below is the message I get:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

I got a response from moderator within 2 hours yesterday using the following procedure:

Create a moderator support ticket fto port your number using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

@Vocoloco wrote:

I have tried a private msg, twice 72+ hours ago and no reply.

@Vocoloco Click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. Juste enter:

Urgent: Koodo Prepaid porting request - Waiting for 72 without a response!

as the title and enter the porting details in the body of the message:

• Koodo Account Number:
  • Name on the Koodo Account
  • Koodo Number:

The message will be received by the @CS_Agent  and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox. (Check the mail icon top right of your screen)

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@Vocoloco look in your self service account, see if its been done for you. 

@Vocoloco wrote:

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Vocoloco wrote:

@Vocoloco   In this situation, I recommend opening a ticket

If you haven't already

Simon.JPGOr HERE

• Type "Moderator" and follow the prompts.
  •  CLICK on the " Account Specific Question " and afterward
  • Click on "No, I want a human and you will see an "Submit a ticket Click me!)
               Type a message describing the problem

Usually, they get back to you within  24-48 hours depending on how busy they are.

Vocoloco

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Vocolocoby emailed, do you mean private messaged? As in through Simon or this link? https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If yes, the answer comes here in this forum via the private message envelope, top right of your screen. You have to look there for the answer from the moderators. Hope this helps you.

On top of forums towards the right there is a envelope. Any messages there from them??

You should probably try contacting them again via private message.. click this link and it will bring you right to it to private message them.

CLICK HERE 

@Vocoloco 

Vocoloco

Yes I have, below is the message I get:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

Vocoloco

I have done all of what you suggested. I emailed the modteam and 72+ hours and still no response. 

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Vocoloco wrote:

I am trying to port my number from Koodo to public. I have sent 2 emails to modteam (Sat and Tues), but haven't heard anything back. How long does this usually take? My plan renews soon and want to avoid that charge and unfortunately I need to keep that Koodo number for my job, so keeping the new number I selected to start the port/ transfer really isn't an option.

Hello @Vocoloco 

Have you tried Sending the port request yourself first?

It's actually very simple.  Go to your "Myself Serve" account, Under profile click "Change number

Screenshot_2.png

Then select Transfer a number from a different provider

Screenshot_1.png

Make sure to double-check the information before submitting it when completing the port request on the next page. (old providers's account number is recommended without the Dashes)

Cheers

@Vocoloco wrote:

If you have a postpaid Koodo account, try submitting the number transfer request from your self serve account.

Public Mobile does not accept e-mail messages from customers. If you haven't already and your Koodo account is prepaid, please submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark symbol.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Activate a public mobile sim card first and select a temporary number.

If Koodo is postpaid. In your new account log in and click change number.

Screenshot_20191223_210328.jpg

If it's Koodo prepaid.m you need moderators assistance.

Two ways to contact them

.Simon.JPG

Or private message them at link below

CLICK HERE 

Typically the response time is 24 to 48 hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.