cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number to other carrier

annawong314
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I transferred to a new carrier about 1 day ago.

However, I just paid my plan with public mobile 2 weeks ago. I had a 10$ credit and 2$ credit for automatic pay.

Considering I only used my public mobile plan for a very short amount of time and I still have credits, is it possible to reimburse me partially?

Thanks,

Anna

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@annawong314 

It's a little presumptuous to expect a refund for prepaid service, rewards and a bonus referral credit because you up and ditched the service because you were swayed by a win back offer. That's the cost of business to generate a win back offer any loss on your part had to be negotiated into the the new price of your service by your previous provider.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@annawong314 : Thanks for the update. Well maybe you'll make up in savings in the next month or two what you lost here. The official policy of this provider (and I think most other prepaid providers) is no refunds.

annawong314
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I want to thank everyone for your answers. I appreciate a lot.

For those who asked me why I left PM : My previous carrier called me back. They offered me a better plan for the price. 

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@annawong314 : Curious why you stayed here for such a short period of time. Was it just some gap period between paying another service and starting a new service. And it sounds like you were referred when you activated. That referring account will now lose your dollar reward. Not that you need to care.

So just curious why such a short time.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@annawong314 

If you review the Service Terms provided at the bottom of this page, 

https://assets.ctfassets.net/g0l02radjx86/1s61oaiYgzTFRh9iNVBfSh/8aee9c05cb53369926d464c13097571d/Pu...

you will see a statement that:

"prepaid service credits are non-refundable"

If it's any consolation, the same holds true for all prepaid carriers.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Once you leave any carrier, you forfeit any credits and plans you had previously, especially on prepaid cellular providers. That's standard policy across all cellular providers. Only exceptions are if you had pro-rated amount on a post paid cell phone bill, or you're retuning a cellphone within 14-30 days.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PM being pre-paid plans, you are not eligible for refund. Autopay is actually a perk and not something to be even considered for refund.

What was the reason to leave PM so fast when you just joined it?

BeachNBeer

@annawong314  No sorry you're out of luck. Public Mobile is a prepaid service provider and you pay in advance. The terms and conditions are no refunds. Once you ported out your account was closed.

0PX9O4

Hi Anna,

Unfortunately PM doesn't offer any partial refunds on service. It's a prepaid carrier.

However, you're welcome to explain your situation by private message to CS Agent if you feel it deserves an exception to this policy.

Need Help? Let's chat.