cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number - no access to text or email (stolen phone)

Simon911252
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

My phone and my laptop got stolen a week ago. Consequently, I have been locked out of my google account (and thus of my gmail) because the two-step verification requires me to receive a text code on my phone (stolen...) or to my email (of which I am locked out). 

I now have a new phone and a new SIM card, and I would need to have the same phone number on that SIM card to be able to access my google account again. However, I can not transfer my number because it requires me to have access to my phone number (phone stolen...) or my email (locked out of my account...). 

So, here's a summary of my problem: I can't transfer my previous number because I don't have access to my previous SIM card or to my email.

Can anybody help me? Or should I submit a ticket? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Simon911252 

You can use your login to your account with you email address ID and enter your password.

Then click on Plan & Add-one>Lost/Stolen. 
And click on My Profile>Change SIM card.

If that fails then contact a CS_Agent via private messaging or SIMon Chatbot on this Community page.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Simon911252   The best action would be to contact PM Support and see if they can do a manual sim swap for you

Just send a direct message to CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.