cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number incomplete

Lynda4521
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why has it been longer than 5 hours to have my number transferred from Virgin Mobile to Public Mobile?

7 REPLIES 7

@LozzaS   done.  Please check your inbox

LozzaS

Hello,

Please can you message me the number to call the public mobile porting team to retrigger this process? My partner is also having this problem and cannot receive any inbound calls, texts or 2FA texts. He is currently using his old phone and paying for 2 phone contracts!! He has contacted public mobile with support tickets and nobody is getting back to him. 

Thankyou

@JC89 sent!! Check your inbox

JC89

Hi, I am also having problem with porting my number in. It’s been a few hours and seems like the porting might need help from the porting team.

Can you please also inbox me the phone number to get assistant from the porting team?

Thanks!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Lynda4521 

Did you response yes to the Virgin Mobile port request text?  Is your Virgin Mobile account active?  What happens when you put your PM Sim card in your phone?

Here is some information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/number-transfer-port-troubleshooting

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Lynda4521 

you got a text from Virgin? did you reply YES?

If you did, reboot your phone

if you didn't reply , or reboot does not help, Call Porting team.  I will message you the number.  Check Community inbox

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lynda4521 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls, wok  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.