cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number from Telus

Brian_Welwood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to port my old number over from Telus. How do I do that?

6 REPLIES 6

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Advantage : Activate a new account and take a new number. Keep your original SIM in the phone. Contact the moderators here to trigger a transfer/port. Eventually a text will arrive asking for your confirmation. Confirm. When that service stops then you'll know it's complete. Put in the Public Mobile SIM and away you go.

@Advantage wrote:

I phoned my local London Drugs and the guy told me that they could not port a Telus Mobility number.  There was also a Telus location in the Public Mobile Store Directory, but their number is not in service.  I would like to try Public but I cannot have my number down for more than a few hours.  How can I approach this?

Activate with a new number and then contact a moderator to port your number:

Contact a moderator for assistance.(Second option below is easier)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Advantage
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I phoned my local London Drugs and the guy told me that they could not port a Telus Mobility number.  There was also a Telus location in the Public Mobile Store Directory, but their number is not in service.  I would like to try Public but I cannot have my number down for more than a few hours.  How can I approach this?

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

First buy a Public Mobile SIM card from London Drugs or elsewhere and buy a top up voucher too, then click those three line e in top right corner and choose activate. That will take you to the activation portal, follow instructions there. You should have your Tellus account information and the Public Mobile SIM card and top voucher ready to fill out info.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Like this:

Transferring a number from TELUS or Koodo (including formerly PC Mobile)?

If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS or Koodo (including formerly PC Mobile), you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Moderator team here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.  

For more information on porting in general, read here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.