cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number doesn’t work

i6toridori
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I really changed from speak out to public mobile. I transferred my number but I can't get phone calls. I can get massages and make phone call. What should I do?

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@i6toridori wrote:

I really changed from speak out to public mobile. I transferred my number but I can't get phone calls. I can get massages and make phone call. What should I do?

You port is not completed yet. 

Porting from Speakout is tricky.  Read my post on how I ported my Speakout number in 4 hours without moderator help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

Provide more info to moderator get your Speakout number ported.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

sweden06
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Looks like the port wasn't successful. As @computergeek541 mentioned, open a ticket and reach out to PM Moderators. Welcome to PM! 

@i6toridori wrote:

That means that the port isn't complete or has failed. Try restarting the phone and check again. If no luck, wait maybe 6 hours (alhtough it's supposed to take less than 2.5 hours) and if it doesn't complete, gather the IMEI number of the device that you were using at Speakout, as well as the Speakout account PIN and provide that to Public Mobile's moderators by opening a ticket at https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ .

mahbetty55
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi i6toridori,

It could take upto 2 hours for the port to be completed.

You can try restarting your phone (that will kick start things on your end if the port has been completed.)

Did you put in the new Public mobile SIM card into your phone?

If you run into issues - you can message a moderator.

Best of luck, and welcome to Public mobile!~

Need Help? Let's chat.