cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from FIDO to Public Mobile - I can't receive incoming calls

Giannias75
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transferred from FIDO my number to Public Mobile on a new iPhone over 3 business days ago. Unfortunately, I can not receive incoming calls on the new iPhone. When someone calls me, I get the following message: "customer is not available...". I have removed the Public mobile sim card and re-installed as well verified that all the settings on the iPhone are setup properly. However, I still cannot answer any incoming calls. Any assistance with this issue would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

@lyonsden02 

Did you reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) on your fido service within 90 minutes of receiving it before you removed the fido sim card from your phone and replaced it with the pm sim card?

If no then you will need to reinitiate the porting request either by contacting customer support or calling telus porting department with your fido account #. Put your fido sim card back in your phone to reply YES to the PAT.

If you need the telus porting department number just ask and we will send it to you via private message.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

lyonsden02
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same issue, hopefully we can get this sorted out.  I have tried all the replies you have had and nothing work.  This has been a headache with this switch over.  I have never had these many issues with Telus, Koodo, Bell or Rogers.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Giannias75 

Ensure your fido account is still active or you will not be able to transfer over that phone number. 

did you try? 

*turn off your phone, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

If you just activated and ported over a number incoming calls sometimes can take 2-3 hours to starting coming to your cell device. But it has been too long now.

submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Giannias75 

you receive and respond to the SMS from old provide asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number, your reply should be: YES

Edit: if you stuck with Transferring, or not complete processing

get in touch with Customer Support Agent (publicmobile.ca)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Giannias75 

Did you cancel your fido service before you ported the phone number to pm? Or is it inactive?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Giannias75 wrote:

I transferred from FIDO my number to Public Mobile on a new iPhone over 3 business days ago. Unfortunately, I can not receive incoming calls on the new iPhone. When someone calls me, I get the following message: "customer is not available...". I have removed the Public mobile sim card and re-installed as well verified that all the settings on the iPhone are setup properly. However, I still cannot answer any incoming calls. Any assistance with this issue would be appreciated.

The customer is not available is a message that some carriers play back when a call is not answered but there is no voicemail on the account. I am wondering if your calls are still going to your Fido service. Did you reply to a text message from Fido to approve the phone number transfer, and if you re-insert your Fido SIM card and call your number from anoher phone, does your cell phone ring?

Need Help? Let's chat.