cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Telus Landline

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello Everyone. I've decided now is the time to drop my land line and use my mobile exclusively. I also want to keep my exiting Telus landline number. Many months ago, I remember reading on the Community that the switch over is reasonably quick and easy. 
1) does that hold true today?

2) could someone please remind me of the steps needed, or direct me to the appropriate Community page?

3) does the PM 500min Canada wide long distance add-on include local minutes?

Thank you to all who get back to me as you are able. 

5 REPLIES 5

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you @esjliv. Your quick response and information as well as from others has now got me in a good spot!

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

All I can add is that I assume you already have the cell phone with Public Mobile and you realize that porting any other number in to your cell tosses your existing cell number onto the garbage heap. It will be gone when you replace it with your old landline number.

And every PM plan since 3 or 4 years ago has unlimited canada wide calling EXCEPT the discontinued $10 plan and the current $15 plan. SO any plan that costs more than $15 has unlimited calling anywhere in Canada. There would be no use for te $5/500 minute Canada LD calling plan other than for use with the $10 or $15 plans or possibly some older grandfathered provincial calling plans.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Koombassi 

Landlines are almost always ported in within two business days. Being that it's a telus landline into one of their subsidiaries it will be on the shorter end of the scale.

Assuming that you are porting into an existing pm account go to the change number feature in your account. Fill in the details of your landline account....

1. Full name on your telus account.
  2. Phone number.
  3. Telus account #.
  4. Alternate phone #. (optional but put in your cell # if you like)
  5. Check the authorized to port box first before filling out the above details.
  6. Don't forget to clear your browser.
  7. Reboot your device.
  8. Use secret/incognito mode.
  9. Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Microsoft Edge work best.
  10. There is no authorization text or verbal confirmation needed.

As per other ports once your landline ceases working and incoming calling is recieved on the cell phone your telus account is automatically closed (unless you have other bundled home services) and you will recieve an email from telus "Sorry to see you go...!" and your port will be complete. If you are activating a new sim card choose a temporary number first to ensure all your services are working first then port in as above.

Edit:

Oh and the $5/500min add on is anywhere in Canada. Across the street or across the country.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yes it is relatively painless, it just takes more time than porting a cell so just a have a little patience!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Koombassi wrote:

Hello Everyone. I've decided now is the time to drop my land line and use my mobile exclusively. I also want to keep my exiting Telus landline number. Many months ago, I remember reading on the Community that the switch over is reasonably quick and easy. 
1) does that hold true today?

• Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

2) could someone please remind me of the steps needed, or direct me to the appropriate Community page?

Yes, you can do the porting during the activation of the Public Mobile SIM card through the activation pages:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

3) does the PM 500min Canada wide long distance add-on include local minutes?

All inmarket plans are Canada Wide calling. 

The 500 min / $5 addon is for local and long distance within Canada. As long as you are also in Canada.

Thank you to all who get back to me as you are able. 

@Koombassi see above

edit, striked out as this is for landline, not cell port.

Need Help? Let's chat.