cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Old Public Mobile Number to new Public Account

Dre-VII
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I transfer a phone number from my old Public Mobile account to my new Public Mobile account? @CS_Agent 

8 REPLIES 8

Dre-VII

Thank you!

Dre-VII

Thank you!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Dre-VII wrote:

How do I transfer a phone number from my old Public Mobile account to my new Public Mobile account? @CS_Agent 

@Dre-VII , you can’t transfer your public mobile phone #  to another public mobile account! The only way you can use you phone # from an old public mobile account to a new public mobile account is to port your phone number to a different company then port it in to the new account. Sorry. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Dre-VII  Assuming both PM accounts here active you could port out you old number .and then port it back into the new account ,, but this would have the added cost of buying a sim  from another carrier and activating a plan to only port it back to PM 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Dre-VII 

although there is a rigmarole of a way to do it, but you probably won’t want to bother.

If your old Public Mobile account is still active, you could port the number to a holding service (or a prepaid supplier) and then transfer that number back into your new Public Mobile account using the change number feature on your self serve account.

There is an option there to port number in from another provider.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dre-VII sorry, not swap numbers between accounts

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You cannot transfer numbers from one public mobile account to another.

If you’re talking about changing the Sim card, that’s different.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Dre-VII  You can’t , but if you just want to replace the SIM card and keep you old number you can 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1685895593921.png

Need Help? Let's chat.