cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Number Failure

Twilik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Just got a new phone so switched to Public, dod a number transfer and I can call from my new phone and the number (same as old) pops up as it ahould. But all recieved texts and calls go to the old phone.

I called my old provider and they said i needed to reopen a Port request or some such, since they did not recieve my YES even though i texted.

They said to call once a new port request has been made, how do I do that?

4 REPLIES 4

Rabz84

Still not working. Public mobile agent replied to my ticket that they requested the porting request again and to reply yes for the authorization text message but I have yet to receive the text message and it's been well over 3 hours now. I don't know what else to do. Would you be able to provide me with that phone number privately that I can call and see if they have a solution for me. 

Thank you kindly.

Rabz84

Hi, can I please have that number privately. I have the same issue and I can't request another port as the number has already changed on public mobile's end so gives me invalid number.

Both esims are working simultaneously with both providers but I can only send and receive text messages from my old provider esim 

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Twilik - Please go to your messages inbox in the top right corner for the porting team (Mailbox sometimes hidden under your profile picture)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Twilik 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls work, then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.