cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Koodo prepaid phone number

G-rant
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just purchased a subscription using a esim.  Using the app to complete setup.  I want to transfer my current number to the new plan but it tells me the number is invalid.  Some kind of problem because it is a Koodo prepaid plan number.  How do I fix this?  If it can't be fixed, how do I get a refund?

2 REPLIES 2

@G-rant wrote:

Just purchased a subscription using a esim.  Using the app to complete setup.  I want to transfer my current number to the new plan but it tells me the number is invalid.  Some kind of problem because it is a Koodo prepaid plan number.  How do I fix this?  If it can't be fixed, how do I get a refund?

Before taking the step of contacting a Public Mobile customer support agent, please finish opening your Public Mobile account.  A prepaid Koodo number can only be ported in afterwards. So for now, take a new phone number during the Public Mobile during the activation process.  A refund request isn't required.  Instructions were provided earlier to contact a Public Mobile custoemr support agent and those are the only people who can get the process started for a number port to Public Mobile from a prepaid Koodo account.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Since you haven't started the porting request, you can reach a CS Agent via this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on the top right corner for their reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.