cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Data Usage with Android

PBRick
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I'm on the 250MB plan - and using Android 'Data Usage' to track my data. The problem I have is that it only tracks data by the month, but of course I'm on the 30 day plan (like I think most people). Is there any way I can change this to just track 30 day slices?  

11 REPLIES 11

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

They will all vary slightly from the PM account page. But Data Witness is as accurate as any of them.

HOLY CRAP. I just checked my account and Data Witness and they both say 2682 mb used. That's after 60 days on a 90 day plan. Can't beat that !

GC 

@Acekiller How much difference?

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

i use the datawitness app but it seems to give different result than the PM page.

stlouisn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Glasswire is a nice looking app with good information also

xcelone

I agree with using the Data Witness app!

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

IWIK's "Data Witness" for Android - Getting started and brief overview

Posted in case @PBRick or others are interested.  Written by @srlawren with posts by @IWIK and many others.

@IWIK is the community member who created this wonderful Data Witness app.

Very easy to use after initial setup.

PBRick

Thanks I will try it! 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Another vote for data witness app here.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PBRick wrote:

So I'm on the 250MB plan - and using Android 'Data Usage' to track my data. The problem I have is that it only tracks data by the month, but of course I'm on the 30 day plan (like I think most people). Is there any way I can change this to just track 30 day slices?  

There are apps like My Data Manager or Data Witness which have customizable tracking periods.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

There is an app called datawitness pm created by a user here. It's a free app. The other app i have used is mydatamanager but it shared your data usage with other parties so I would go with data witness

Need Help? Let's chat.