To enable VoLTE on an iPhone or an iPad running iOS 13 and later:
  1. Go to Settings SelectCellular
  2. Select Cellular data options
  3. SelectVoice & data
  4. SelectLTE, VoLTE on
4 REPLIES 4

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I can confirm that there is no VoLTE option/menu on the phone even when the phone and account are enabled for VoLTE. You just have to make a test call to see if it's working.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Dublicate_acct , the iOS menus for older phones is a little confusing.  If you are able to select both voice and data and enable LTE, it means exactly that, both voice and data are able to use LTE.  Voice calls will be VoLTE.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dublicate_acct wrote:

On the Telus website confirmed that  my iPhone is VoLTE compatible . Followed instructions on how to enable it -However the only select options on my iPhone 8  are 3G - or LTE. (Running IOS 16.5.1)

To enable VoLTE on an iPhone or an iPad running iOS 13 and later:
  1. Go to Settings SelectCellular
  2. Select Cellular data options
  3. SelectVoice & data
  4. SelectLTE, VoLTE on

@Dublicate_acct  no worry, if you have iPhone 8 and above, your VoLTE is there.  

Telus just hide the VoLTE toggle, but it pushed the carrier update to turn it on

You can test it by:

turn off Wifi first. Check if the phone status bar showing it is connected to 4G or LTE

Then make some calls, see if the signal indicator shows LTE or drop back to H or 3G while you are on the calls.  If it stays with LTE, then yes, you are using VoLTE.

if you see the phone changed to 3G while you are on a call, message support instead and confirm if our account is VoLTE enabled

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Dublicate_acct

iPhone 8 is supposed to be eligible for volte.

Need Help? Let's chat.