cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To add text plan

frmondal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can you please let me know how I can add text message option in my plan. Thank you.

Foyzer

12 REPLIES 12

@frmondal wrote:

Can anybody let me know how I can add a text plan or how to contact public mobile team? Thank you.

Every current PM plan includes unlimited in/our SMS.

If you have some kind of very old plan you might consider upgrading as current plans most likely offer much more than before.

@frmondal wrote:

Yes it is $20 old plan. I can change the plan online but will be effective from next renewal date but I want it to be effective immediately. Please let me know how I can do that. Thank you.

@frmondal 

do you want to get the text plan to reply YES to the Holiday bonus?  If so, you don't have to .. Community Manager Jade said:

If customers do not receive their SMS offer by mid-month or are unable to redeem because of a specific situation, our agents can help with next steps. However, I would strongly advise customers to wait until mid-December and return if they are still unable to redeem through SMS.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back/m-p/752683/high...

but if you really need the text plan for other reason, then go ahead and change plan.  You can click Change Now but PM will charge you now and start a new cycle and you will lost some money from your current plan.

Here are the choices you have when you change plan

E-MyAcct-ChangePlanNow-NextCycle

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The $15 plan is unlimited international texs, 100 canada wide mins and unlimited incoming calls, and 250MB of data. With autopay you get an extra 250MB of data

de26

If ur not really into calls this month....change it to 15dollars it is unli text. 100minutes incoming calls .... 250MB ....then u can change it later..... 

frmondal

Yes it is $20 old plan. I can change the plan online but will be effective from next renewal date but I want it to be effective immediately. Please let me know how I can do that. Thank you.

sdthenc

It is fine now. I upgraded a while back.

Thank you

@frmondal 

Do you have a very old $20 plan with no texting? There are no texting add ons. Is this is in relation to the holiday offers? Can you give us your plan details?

frmondal

Can anybody let me know how I can add a text plan or how to contact public mobile team? Thank you.

@Anonymous 

Because I assumed the OP has a grandfathered plan like the $10 50/50 plan and shared a work around for this issue.🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

@frmondal : Are you having a problem sending regular SMS text messages? Do you have an iphone or an Android?

All plans have texting. You need mobile data on to send picture texts (MMS). You need wifi or mobile data to use iMessage between iphones. You need wifi or mobile data to use chat in Android.

But regular SMS is more universal and doesn't need wifi or mobile data.

@darlicious : Why did you take this to private message?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

All of the current plans $15 and more include unlimited text messaging.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kloxified 

That won't work there are no texting add ons available.

@frmondal 

I am sending you a private message.

Need Help? Let's chat.