cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tip for getting payment vouchers @ Canadian Tire

Ilovecats
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I bought some Canadian Tire gift cards from ebates, got 2% off total purchase. Then used the gift cards to pay for gas there.  I got 5% back in Canadian tire money I can use for payment vouchers...good deal if anyone wants to try and save $

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@Ilovecats, Canadian Tire gift cards are offered at 90c to the dollar a couple of times a year.  I have picked up some from Loblaws, Shoppers and Rexall in the past.  Hoard them when they go on sale. 

I do my car repair for my family.  I always load up CT GC when one sale.  I need $10 for my next renewal.  Does CT carry the $10 voucher?

@SD08 wrote:

Beware, as @mimmo mentioned, some Canadian Tire stores will block the use of gift cards to purchase cellular top ups such as PM vouchers.  I actually encountered this first-hand last year in Toronto.  It's a big YMMV, so check the policy of your intended local CT store before you buy a truckload of GCs just for this purpose.

They are good for gas and merchandise too.  Who doesn't want an extra 10% off?

SD08

Beware, as @mimmo mentioned, some Canadian Tire stores will block the use of gift cards to purchase cellular top ups such as PM vouchers.  I actually encountered this first-hand last year in Toronto.  It's a big YMMV, so check the policy of your intended local CT store before you buy a truckload of GCs just for this purpose.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Ilovecats, Canadian Tire gift cards are offered at 90c to the dollar a couple of times a year.  I have picked up some from Loblaws, Shoppers and Rexall in the past.  Hoard them when they go on sale. 

mimmo

I don't believe you can use gift cards in store to buy vouchers only at the gas bar.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Ilovecats wrote:

Hi all,

I bought some Canadian Tire gift cards from ebates, got 2% off total purchase. Then used the gift cards to pay for gas there.  I got 5% back in Canadian tire money I can use for payment vouchers...good deal if anyone wants to try and save $

That is great! Thanks for sharing your experience and for helping others.

Need Help? Let's chat.