cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Those who’ve experienced unlimited data after exhausting the bucket—did you actually reach 512kbps?

PHenry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just wondering since it'll take a while to exhaust 40GB and I obviously don't want to "test" it, can anyone here with the unlimited 5G plan who has had the experience of exhausting their full-speed data bucket advise whether you've been reaching the 512kbps that's been advertised (or, I should say, it's been advertised to be up to 512kbps)?

Reason I am asking is that the other competitors all seem to cap their post-bucket speeds at 128 or 256kbps, which when we're talking about such low amounts anyway makes a BIG difference. 512kbps is actually not too bad compared to 256 or 128.

7 REPLIES 7

hi @PHenry remember this happens when you have used up all your allotted data.  So, that is free.  And some carriers have only 128kbps

@PHenry 

the funny thing is the customer was complaining about that speed not being fast enough lol. they thought the throttled speed was 512mbps...

PHenry

@gpixel wrote:

@PHenry 

there was a member on here that managed to achieve 1.2mbps on their throttled data. 

Wow... that'd be amazing, that's just as fast as old school DSL!

@PHenry 

there was a member on here that managed to achieve 1.2mbps on their throttled data. 

@PHenry  Sorry haven’t actually ran a speed test ,and don’t have that phone near me right now to test . Will later and update 

PHenry

@Handy1 wrote:

@PHenry  Yes but it’s still so slow 

Handy1_0-1701624346976.png

I see that it says "256kbps" in your screenshot, but 512kbps in the official terms. What actual speed are you getting, or have you run a speed test?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@PHenry  Yes but it’s still so slow 

Handy1_0-1701624346976.png

Need Help? Let's chat.