cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about switching plans

Lonetreejim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am currently on the $40 plan and I have accumulated a few bonus perks.

1. Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance
2. Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on

3. 1GB Promo

I also get some loyalty and referral credits each month.

If I switch to another plan (ie: $25 or [coming] $30 plan will any of my credits/bonuses be affected?

6 REPLIES 6

@gblackma wrote:

@Lonetreejim everthing but the 1 gig promo is definitely safe. Whether that is safe depends upon the terms it was given under. Stay safe. 

"1GB Promo" in the self serve account could very well be an add-on that was automatically given to all customers during August/September of 2019. That wouldn't disappear unless it got used up. 

@maggamoka wrote:

Hi gblackma, why is the 1 Go promo not safe ?

The rules for some of the promotions said that the bonus data or discounts would be lost if the plan was ever changed.  This is especially true for promotions that show up on the right side of the self serve account in the box that says "My Promotions".

@maggamoka wrote:

It is safe.  All the one time add-ons are safe.  

maggamoka
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Lonetreejim everthing but the 1 gig promo is definitely safe. Whether that is safe depends upon the terms it was given under. Stay safe. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lonetreejim wrote:

I am currently on the $40 plan and I have accumulated a few bonus perks.

1. Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance
2. Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on

3. 1GB Promo

I also get some loyalty and referral credits each month.

If I switch to another plan (ie: $25 or [coming] $30 plan will any of my credits/bonuses be affected?

@Lonetreejim   None of the add-ons will be affected by any plan changes as they are tied to your account and not plan. 

Edit: As to any bonus data, that may depend upon the conditions of the promo that were present when you activated.  What bonus are you referring to?

Need Help? Let's chat.