cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

These plans offer both many GB of data AND very slow data? I'm confused.

Some_Jerk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Apologies if this is a stupid question. I'm slated to transfer to a 50GB plan upon my next renewal, and reading the details of the plan, it offers 50GB over 5G and unlimited over 250MB? It confuses me that these plans offer both.

So before the new plan kicks in, I'd like to confirm: does the 50GB over 5G cap reset every month, and the unlimited over 250MB is just in case I run out for the month? Or is 50GB all I get for entire plan and it stays at the 250MB speed forever afterwards? I haven't had to change plans before, so I want to be sure of what I'm doing.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

@Some_Jerk 250Mbps backup

this is incorrect... 250mbps is the speed of the 50gb data. 512kbps is the speed of the data after 50gb has been consumed. 

Jak2514

The slow speed is not bad at all, I can watch video smoothly. Might not good enough for gamers. 

Some_Jerk

Alright, cool. 50GB every month with the 250Mbps backup seemed too good to be true for a phone plan, so I felt the need to ask.

Thanks for the quick replies, everyone. Have a good day.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Some_Jerk  5G plans have up to 250mb speed after the 50GB data bucket is used up it will be throttled speeds to 512kbps  

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech wrote:

@Some_Jerk yes you are correct. The 50GB reset every cycle. The unlimited reduced speed  at 250Mbps , not 250MB, will kick in  if you used up the 50GB in a cycle 

250 Mbps is the speed you get for the 50GB (though real world speeds may be less). After that, the reduced speed is 512 kbps (roughly 50 kilobytes per second).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Some_Jerk yes you are correct. The 50GB reset every cycle. The unlimited reduced speed  at 250Mbps , not 250MB, will kick in  if you used up the 50GB in a cycle. This unlimited data is very common with carriers these days to help people for minimal internet access like checking email or iMessage in case data runs out

Need Help? Let's chat.