cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There should be a hold on tagging mods

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I think some people are going overboard with tagging the mods when in the first post, the person said they already PM'ed them and opened a support case.  Every time you tag the mods I believe you are just adding to the backlog of them trying to wade through all of the PM's and tags to help people.  I understand people are trying to be helpful but I really think you are going about it the wrong way and it's causing more harm than good.  

What do you all think?

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Folks, would you kindly consider bravo'ing my suggestion here?:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Please-utilize-an-issue-tracking-system-for....  Thank you in advance.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Maybe there should be a time condition, users that have been here for at least 1 month are the only ones that can tag a Mod. too many people with under a week tag the mod for the dumbest of reasons. 

iDi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I understand what they're going through but honestly that's not an excuse. If you're going to run a very appealing promo you should have enough foresight to predict a giant wave of people plowing through the system. That knowledge alone should justify pulling more workers to deal with the incoming backlog if not hiring a few temps.

Furthermore, if said system occasionally fails activations while locking people out of accounts (yet still manages to charge cc) or it doesn't port your number instantly like bell or fido do but instead sends you a text to contact support which will email you back in 2 days (but they don't) then the decent thing to do would be to set up a helpline instead of letting the masses stew on an antiquated forum on which private messages are used as a form of backlog.

Now while I am angry that I'm essentially stuck paying for two services atm, I do understand that spamming the mods' message boxes is just going to make it that much harder to get to other people in the same predicament. However, I do believe that at least acknowledging that they received someone's message would help reduce the duplicates and help reinsure the one's about to charge back their credit cards.

nekkidtruth
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I agree to a certain extent. However, this is the process for support here on the forums and people are beginning to get frustrated (understandably so).

I think their should be more people dealing with the requests and there should be more interaction with those waiting to be helped. That's more important than simply putting a hold on tagging. If they had more people helping out with the requests on the back side, one might be able to cater strictly to answering threads with a simple "We've got your request! We're on it, but it's gonna be a little bit cause we're back-logged".

arkw
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I don't doubt it, I wouldn't be surprised if many of the private messages are already redundant because of people being impatient about the activation/porting process and multiple duplicate messages. They have to get through each one, which may be slowing things down.

After reading the forum posts, it appears the mods are currently working on the messages they've gotten on Friday and will be working into the weekend messages backlog.

I messaged them on Saturday afternoon and am waiting patiently. Sucks, understandable, but it is what it is.
Need Help? Let's chat.