cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The stupid auto pay system tried payment on today 14th and its set to the 17th voiding my promo plan

Kithtyr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This has been an on going problem with  the public pay system for me since i started.  My auto pay date is the 17th and the public system tried to take out the money today the 14TH!!!!!!!.  So now i lost my new plan i was going to because the public keeps taking my payment out earlier and earlier so i had to renew with my old plan.  I had it set to change to  the 5g 50 gb and us/Canada data and unlimited calling plan setup to switch.  I have not payed it yet with hopes that i can get the promo plan.  I really hope that someone can fix.  

9 REPLIES 9

Good luck @Kithtyr  🤞 

And yes, only one post can be accepted as solution. 🙂

Kithtyr

First i would like to say thank you for all the input and i know no one here has anything to do with my extreme frustration before work yesterday.   In fact every time i have come to the forum everyone has been helpful and great.   So thanks again. 

One question about the forum if i can i click more then one "accept as solution" or will just one will close the thread?  Since more then one gave helpful information I wanted to do more then one if i could.

I will call customer service and see if i get the other plan. 

To give respond to people saying that its a 30 day plan and dont expect on the 17th.  6 days ago i checked the app and it said the 17th was my payment, i am not expecting every day on the 17th that is what the website and app said when i checked 6 days ago.   In my frustration and that i had to go to work i didn't give that info.  To say one day and take it out on another is fraud in my opinion and i am filing a complaint with the board. (cant remember he name for the Canadian communications board i think)

As for the code i dont expect them to fix any code as most companies wont even give it a second though even though its just one line of code.  (yes i do write programs)   

Thanks again for every ones input, if i can only do one accept solution.  Have a great day 🙂  I will let you know if i am successful at getting the plan i wanted. 

@Kithtyr wrote:

that is fine then reset my pay date in my profile its a simple software code to fix.  but i guess they wont bother.   Can anyone give me back the promo plan?

@Kithtyr , I don't understand how the 30 day plan cycle causes you to lose your promotion plan?  If you don't make any plan changes, you get to keep the same plan on an ongoing basis.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you expect payments to be Always on 17th - it will Not happen as billing cycle is 30 days not 1 calendar month so (almost) every month is earlier and earlier.

Do not expect any 'software fixes' from PM as they cannot fix credit card update since last year not to mention your suggestion.

If you scheduled plan change then renewal date does not matter as plan change will occur on renewal date whenever that date is.

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you renewed the old plan then you have given up the promo plan as they removed all US plans and it's no longer available. Customer service might be able to give it to you but not guaranteed. You will need to submit a ticket through the chat bot to reach them.

@Kithtyr   Your profile should show the renewal date, which as already noted is 30 days not the same day every month..  You don't need to wait for the renewal date to set  up a "change on next renewal" for a plan change.  If you already set it up for next renewal it should change in 30 days.  I think I may be somewhat misunderstanding - is the problem that you now have to wait another 30 days to get the plan you wanted or you weren't able to set it for next renewal because it is now gone?  If you want to make a case to Public Mobile you'll need to open a ticket via the chatbot icon bottom right of this page, nobody here can do anything since we're all customers like you.

@Kithtyr 

You're asking the wrong people - we are just customers here on this form, not Public Mobile employees.

Even if you were to resume services on the preferred day of the month as before, like I wrote earlier, their cycles only run 30 consecutive days so it will always fall back a day or so every couple of months- does that make sense?

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, then type Customer Support Agent, then Contact Us,  or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Kithtyr

that is fine then reset my pay date in my profile its a simple software code to fix.  but i guess they wont bother.   Can anyone give me back the promo plan?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Kithtyr 

Public mobile plans are 30 days duration, not monthly.

Because there are more months with 31 days, it will fall back about 5 days per calendar year.

Need Help? Let's chat.