cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The service on the phone does not work, but the log in to PM says it's an active service already.

AliceLei
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, all guys, I really appreciate your help yesterday! 

I had progress today. I got my SIM card today from the store and inserted it just now. The Koodo service has been cancelled and stopped. But unfortunately, the service of Public Mobile does not work. Now I go into the loop again. I can not log in, because it says I have an active service, so it needs a 6-digit number sent to my phone, but the service on my phone does not work, I can not receive the 6-digit number. 

What should I do now? Thank you! 

12 REPLIES 12

AliceLei

Thank you! Everyone!

I contacted the CS and finally, they solved the issue in the backend. Now my phone works. 

I hope all of you have a wonderful day! 

AliceLei

Great! I will try to contact them right away. I hope they reply to me. Thank you!

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AliceLei 

Their hours are 9AM-10PM EST

AliceLei

Thank you! But there is no didn't get code button, only one button, " Confirm for full access". 

AliceLei

Thank you! Is their hours from 7:00 am - 6:00 pm? 

If you click on the didn't get code, that next box should automatically pop up to choose email as an option. Keep clicking it for it to come up like that. it will work.

JRod

@AliceLei  

If you’ve gone through the rest of the setup through the app and typed in the number’s associated with the SIM card when prompted to add the SIM card then I think you’ll need to contact Customer Service to get you the rest of the way there. Please reach out to customer service and they’ll be able to help you!

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

AliceLei

It says

We’ve noticed you have an active Public Mobile service and would like to confirm your full access.
A 6-digit code associated with your EverSafe ID will be sent to the phone number
. We will need you to confirm this number.

AliceLei

I tried, it still needs the 6 number sent to phone. 

AliceLei

I rebooted the phone, did not work.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

This is how you get the 6 digit code sent to your email.

Can’t get the 6 digit 2FA code to your phone? Try this method

First, sign into your account at www.publicmobile.ca and use the email you signed up with and the password. If it asks you for a 6 digit code, it will say at the top left CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY.- Enter the 6- digit code sent to *********.  But it’s not working!!! As you see by the screen shot below, 1. Click the This is a trusted device. 2. Didn’t get the code? Click on that.

KennethJAdams_0-1694649559884.png

Then, the next window that pops up is this.

KennethJAdams_1-1694649559901.png

Click on Send email. Here it will send you the 6 digit code to the email you registered with. This step is very important. Do not just copy and paste. Enter each digit using your keypad.

JRod

@AliceLei 

Have you rebooted your phone since putting the PM SIM card in? If you’ve gone through the rest of the setup process the final step will be to reboot your phone with the SIM card in your device.

Need Help? Let's chat.