cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The data is still used when the cellular data turn off

Hong01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a new customer in last month. I found my data is lost every day from 0.001MB to 0.012MB. I am very sure and checked my cell phone data is turned off since I became the user of public mobile. I tried to turn off most application, such as books, app store and so on, most, but the data is still lost every day. Who knows it is why and how to stop and prevent it? Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Hong01

If you have any apps opened, it will continue to drain the data when there are no wifi available…like while you are driving.

Anyways, it is minuscule amount.

If you have DATA off (Android) NO app will be able to connect to Internet. Confirmed on my phone zillion times.

@computergeek541 

I was thinking about the clock, calendar or other daily apps like the McD or Timmies app…LoL that might be turned on. OP didn't state that he turned off all the apps.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Hong01

If you have any apps opened, it will continue to drain the data when there are no wifi available…like while you are driving.

Hong01 has stated that data is turned off.  It shoudln't be using any data at all.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Hong01

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hong01 

This is a miniscule amount and if you look at your app's data usage it's likely reflected in your OS, some weird sounding name thing that I cannot remember that is tied to your camera app (@gpixel you looked into this with another member trying to turn it off well over a year ago) or its possibly related to "mobile data always on" setting in your developers options. But in a worst case scenario it might add up to 3mb per 30 days? There are no overages or extra billing at pm so really is really worth worrying about? We're talking pennies worth of data loss.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hong01 

and turn off background data, to save your data.

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges.

if you use Picture Messaging also take from your data,

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet Wi-Fi is on is not going through the Picture or a video messaging, 

you have to do this to going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video messaging in world-wide,

if you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Hong01  - are you sending or receiving MMS messages? Although, still seems like a small amount.

Long texts, even without pictures can also be considered MMS messages, as there are too many characters to be sent via SMS. Is it possible you sent or received longer than normal texts, where you need to toggle your data on?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hong01 : Do you send picture texts? IOS or Android?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Hong01 This is such a tiny bit of data you are worrying about. 0.012x30 = 0.36 MB, not sure if you can load a few web pages with this. Anyways, looks like its background services using data and Apple is known to do that to check in with many services. 

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Hong01 

That sounds odd, but the amount is small enough to be a rounding error, no?

Need Help? Let's chat.