cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts not being sent.

Stan_57
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been having this issue for some time, now.  On occasion, I send out a text to someone who then either never receives it or it takes hours to be received.  I'm not sure whether this is a Apple/Android issue but I've only had this problem with iPhone recipients.

9 REPLIES 9

Stan_57

Thanks, softech.  I've downloaded the Google Messages app and will take it out for a "test drive".  Hopefully, that will solve my intermittent problem.

@Stan_57 wrote:

I have an older Samsung (2017) Android type phone and use the included Samsung Messages app that comes with the phone.

@Stan_57  

since you have an older Android, try these three things

1. click "reset all networks" and see if it helps.  Please note that it will delete your saved Wifi and bluetooth connections as well.  But you can easily add them back after
  2. go to the Messaging app, clear cache and force close the app and relaunch. See if it helps
  3. Install Google Message from app store and set it has the default messaging app.  This new Google message app helped many people resolving their messaing issues

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@esjliv wrote:

The issue could be on the recipient's end also, if they are only using iMessage. See if you can check with them that they have SMS and MMS enabled in the settings of their devices.

Just a quick note here: there is no way to disable SMS/MMS messaging on an iPhone; if it receives an SMS it will will show it and your reply to that message will also go as SMS.  There is a setting in Settings/Messages to use SMS as a backup for iMessage if iMessage isn't available, but that wouldn't apply in this case.

@Stan_57 wrote:

I have an older Samsung (2017) Android type phone and use the included Samsung Messages app that comes with the phone.

@Stan_57 - Do you see Chat Features or RCS in your settings?

Disable your Chat Features (RCS Chats): 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

The issue could be on the recipient's end also, if they are only using iMessage. See if you can check with them that they have SMS and MMS enabled in the settings of their devices.

Try both, @Stan_57 

Test it out with each setting.

I’d guess Text/Multimedia …

Stan_57

Which one?  Automatic or Text/Multimedia msgs?

Stan_57

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Stan_57 

If Android, try adjusting Chat messages options.

1. tap Messaging app, 

2. tap 3 little dots top right, 

3. select Settings, 

4. under Chat settings, scroll to "Select default messaging type", 

5. toggle it to Automatic or Text/multimedia msg

For Apple, adjust the iMessage settings:

1. tap the Settings app,

2. tap Messages,

3. turn  iMessage off by toggling the switch to grey from green.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Stan_57  If with iPhone is it only with iMessage because you need data for iMessage . So you can tune it it off and just send sms instead 

Need Help? Let's chat.