cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts lost?

jeremyofsmith
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My auto payment didn't go through as planned this month, but I finally sorted it out after a few hours.  My question is: if there were texts sent to me during this 'off line' period, will they still be delivered to me now that I'm back on the network?  My worry is that people sending me texts will have no idea that I didn't receive them when sent, and at first I had no idea that my texts weren't getting through to others either.  What happens to those messages that were sent during my 'expired plan' period?  Can I retrieve them somehow?  Thing is, I don't know what I've missed...

thank you for your advice.

5 REPLIES 5

@jeremyofsmith 

Joining the LD Extras program avails you of a $5 "coupon" per 10×$10 purchases. As well as a $5 coupon on your birthday. This is the only loyalty program that allows you to both earn and redeem on pm vouchers (or other prepaid minutes cards). You can also double dip by purchasing with a cash back card that allows you to earn on drugstore purchases. Pm vouchers at London Drugs are all immediately valid and loadable via 611 after purchase. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jeremyofsmith wrote:

My auto payment didn't go through as planned this month, but I finally sorted it out after a few hours.  My question is: if there were texts sent to me during this 'off line' period, will they still be delivered to me now that I'm back on the network?  My worry is that people sending me texts will have no idea that I didn't receive them when sent, and at first I had no idea that my texts weren't getting through to others either.  What happens to those messages that were sent during my 'expired plan' period?  Can I retrieve them somehow?  Thing is, I don't know what I've missed...

thank you for your advice.

@jeremyofsmith  - 

Do you know exactly how long you had no services for?

For outgoing texts, you should have those on your phone device still.

If you know when the service started to be expired, you could go back to those texts and resend.

For incoming texts/calls, that is a good question, but I think they had no where to go, so they did not reach you.

Do you have anyone that you know may have texted you during this time, to find out for sure?

@Anonymous - @jeremyofsmith already got their services back up and running.

The issue is what, if any, (incoming and outgoing) texts were missed during this expired period.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@jeremyofsmith 

I would be pretty sure that any potentially received texts during that time would have been lost. As far as the "simple minded" billing system was concerned, your service was inactive so it would likely have discarded them immediately, vs caching them for some period of time if your phone was normally just offline for some time.

Some good advice to prevent these rare autopay mishaps is to add the required balance to cover the next renewal to your account prior to the renewal date, and that is pretty much a guarantee you will never have an interruption of service on renewal.

There's other advantages to adding to your balance beforehand using payment vouchers too - ie if you have a cashback credit card, a payment voucher purchased at a grocery store or gas station is eligible to to get up to 4% cashback depending on your particular credit card. A $10 payment voucher purchased from london drugs meets the minimum spend required to get you one of your 10 purchases towards a $5 off reward there. etc. @darlicious I'm sure has many other "tricks" on this front too.

Edit: $5 reward, not $10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeremyofsmith 

sometime the autopay fail,

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$$

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra

7. Click ‘Submit’,
9.after payment successful,  you have to do Rebooting your phone
what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.
10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$$ has the amount left, and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,
Need Help? Let's chat.