cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting problem

mdalalonde
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To send a text message to anyone it does not go through at first ,once I receive a text from any person then  I'm able to send texts to this recipient no problem, does anyone  else have the same problem ?I'm new to public mobile 2 ND day.

12 REPLIES 12

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mdalalonde wrote:

To send a text message to anyone it does not go through at first ,once I receive a text from any person then  I'm able to send texts to this recipient no problem, does anyone  else have the same problem ?I'm new to public mobile 2 ND day.

If you'r using an iPhone check your settings. You may have enabled "Filter Unknown Senders". Also consider in addition to iMessage to also toggle on -Sends as SMS and MMS messaging.

@mdalalonde 

Do you,  by any chance,  have "chat" settings enabled under your message settings

Use SMS only,  no chat. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@mdalalonde  ok an android. A few things to try.

Do you have chat features turned on? 

Screenshot_20220223-211343_Messages.jpg

If you do. Try turning it off then send a text. Chat features only work if other person has a phone with the feature n has it turned on as well. Likely not the problem though as the android should know that the person either doesn't have it or it's not turned on and then send it via regular SMS. But if it is turned on just try turning it off so we can take that out off possible causes.

Next. Try reseating the sim card. Power off phone, take out sim, put sim back in and reboot.

If that fails then try clearing your message cache.

5e8365822d41c1500657e5d7.jpeg

1. Launch the Settings app, then scroll down and tap "Apps."

2. Tap the "Messages" app.

3. Tap "Storage."

4. Tap "CLEAR CACHE 

Keep us posted.

mdalalonde

Thanks for the input anyways.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mdalalonde 

This is a device issue most likely. If you can test the sim card in another phone and have the same issue then it would be a provisioning issue with the sim card.

To review the normal troubleshooting method order:

1. Reboot phone.
  2. Toggle airplane mode on/off.
  3. Remove sim card. Test in other phone if possible otherwise wait 10 minutes and reseat sim card and power back on.
  4. Clear app data cache. (Not data just the cache.)
  5. Perform a network reset.

At this point you are better off contacting customer support to reprovision your sim card. If this is not possible then you can try adding $1 to your available funds or if you are really desperate you can suspend your service via lost/stolen**. Log out/in. Resume your service. Test by sending a text message.

**Not sure if this affects your points?  This is where you need @BEER to test this out to see if the the lost/stolen glitch affects points?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

mdalalonde

No my phone is an Android phone and it's what's happening with all the numbers that I was trying to text but like I mentioned as soon as somebody texted me I could text back that same number no problems, strange! Never had this problem with my previous providers?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mdalalonde

If you have an iPhone you will have to check for updates and connect to iTunes to do a carrier profile update to get your mobile data to work as well enabling SMS as suggested by @Jb456 and enable MMS so you font need to waste data by sending iMessag e.

If you have Android and you have tried all suggestions so far then try toggling airplane mode on/off. If that doesn't work then go to your messaging app settings and clear your app cache.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@mdalalonde  Thanks for confirming. Do you have an android or iPhone? 

If it's an iPhone. Is it possible that the settings to send SMS is not set on your phone?

imessage.jpg

Also is this for all numbers or just specific numbers?

mdalalonde

Yes of course I've done multiple reboots of my phone still the same issue not sure how do you do a network reset I don't think I've done that please give details thanks.

mdalalonde

Hi yes I did transfer a number over to public mobile and I did receive an authentication request to transfer from my old provider all that went smooth like I mentioned the only problem I'm having is sending a text I can only send a text after a person has texted me then I can successfully send them back one thanks for the help.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@mdalalonde  Since you're new. I will assume you transferred your number from another provider. Is that correct??. I am thinking your port is not complete. Did you transfer a number over to PM?. Did you receive a text to authenticate the transfer? Please provide further details without giving personal details as this is a public forum. We are all customers like you and everyone can see your posts.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mdalalonde wrote:

@mdalalonde  - try a reboot of your phone.

Also, perform a reset of your network settings (a good thing to do after a new(er) activation).

Need Help? Let's chat.