cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting iphone to android

Kampfgetup
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New subscriber. My texts from iphone to Android phones are not going through. Help!

9 REPLIES 9

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Kampfgetup 

Might also want to try reboot of the phone (if not done already).  Or a network reset of phone. Note: this will erase any saved Wifi passwords. 

Kampfgetup

Thanks. Yes that’s how I have it set up.

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kampfgetup 

In Settings > Messages, are you set up like this? This is a screenshot from my iPhone 12 and i can send to iPhone and android. 

IMG_0095.png

@Kampfgetup   So for both items in Send and Receive (including Start New Conversations from) it has the correct phone number selected and not just email addresses?   Not sure if it's an Apple problem whether Public Mobile customer service would be able to help.  You can try PM support first, open a ticket with the chatbot icon bottom right of this page.  If that doesn't work then send a private message to support using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

An agent will reply at the envelope icon top right or tap your avatar for Messages if you don't see an envelope.  

You could try toggling iMessage off, rebooting your phone and then toggling it back on again.

Kampfgetup

Thanks for the help. Tried that and no luck still.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Kampfgetup 

when you send the iMessage, long press down the iMessage and “send as SMS” instead to see if the android receives it

Kampfgetup

Both

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Kampfgetup 

SMS texts or iMessages?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Kampfgetup  Go into iMessage settings and see if your phone number is checked in Send and Receive, make sure SMS and MMS are enabled.

Need Help? Let's chat.