cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text

maryheavyn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Once a day I try to send a text,but it tells me ,Text can't be sent until service becomes available.Why is this 

12 REPLIES 12

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dust2dust To be honest, I only posted that information to add to available troubleshooting information for future posts, not that I make any assumptions that the user is experiencing that. It is up to the original issue poster to come enlighten us as to what is going on with their account, be it device related or otherwise. I just wanted to inform the community of that issue with android 14 beta 3/3.1 first and foremost.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Some people don't like likelihoods and conclusions drawn out of thin air without all the facts. Here, I think it's likely that the account is suspended. But that's why I ask the questions to get to the point of making that deduction.

@XionBunny- said the likelihood was low and all kinds of disclaimers of maybe only very few people might experience it. Other people say it's likely. Big difference. The former allows the possibility. The latter is asserting something that they don't know and sound all honest and then the customer might look at the Mayor designation and think there might be some weight to it. No. We need facts. The customer has not returned to provide them.

Here's how I might have worded the same allegedly innocent intent. "Honest, it feels like it could be a device issue". Or "Honest, I wonder if it's a device issue". It's also kind of a problem with using the word "honest" or "honestly" to begin with. Does that imply the rest of ones comments aren't so honest? And then oh but now I'm being honest because I started a sentence saying honest?

Throwing in "likely" while asserting doesn't work.  What did Handy1 say the other day while graciously accepting a correction of wording - something like - words are important. Indeed.

XionBunny

@softech I was just highlighting a current bug on android with 14 in testing, some might be on the beta program, only saying in that situation it's not the fault of any provider.

@XionBunny be careful, some people do not like us talking "likeihood"..lol

But what you said is truly possible. Before PM opened up 5G , it was a big problem, especially on iPhone. Now with it open up, look like the iPhone issue is gone.  But I know it still an issue with some phone, especially if the OS is not up-to-date.  I hope OP has a newer phone with latest OS 

XionBunny

@softech I know the likelihood of this is low, but users of the current android 14 beta build will find on Telus and other Canadian networks that when 5G is enabled data text and calling no longer function until 5G is disabled. That is due to a current bug since the beta 3 build was released. I'm only posting this to make everyone aware that could be a scenario that happens with a small percentage of the user base.

Never any conclusion but some of use  are putting our heart out and try our very best to help based on the information provided.

@maryheavyn 

another likely situation is you have an MMS message stuck there

This could be because the MMS or multimedia messaging feature is not set up on your phone or you don’t have mobile internet enable.

Tru to enable Mobile network and see if the message goes away

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Are you using iMessage in an iphone? Maybe you don't have it set to fallback to SMS when there's no data connection? Or similar settings for RCS fallback to SMS on an Android?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @maryheavyn when you get the error again, check if your phone is connected to the network. Maybe you have weak signal and lost the connection?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Most likely you do not have string signal with the network.

Can you make/receive calls? Internet working?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I'm not ready to conclude any honest likelihoods until we get further clarifications from you.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@maryheavyn but you can receive and send without problem after?

voice call all good?

what brand and model is your phone?

I would try to click Reset All networks once.  Please note that it will delete your saved wifi and Bluetooth connections and you need to add them back after 

Also, see if you can arrange another phone to test for couple days. Honest, it is likely a device issue 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you receiving real sms texts? Able to make or receive calls? Use the internet on cell data (not wifi)?

Need Help? Let's chat.