Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text won't work

Annie152
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I transfer my number, phone is working but not the text.  Please help @CS_Agent

9 REPLIES 9

hi @Annie152 

you need to submi ticket with PM agent. Have you done so yet?

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

Annie152

If you have answers, please share

KingOfTown

Following this thread. 

My wife is having the same issue on her iPhone 12 that she ported 2 days ago. I ported my Samsung S20 last week and everything is working fine. She's going to try messaging CS_Agent (thanks @Handy1 for that tip) to see if they can help. 

SRTMoe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just to help clarify a couple things: I'm using a Samsung S20. I've done every network reset, cache wipe, phone on/off, tried my sim card on another device etc. I ported from Telus a few days ago. At first things were working, then randomly yesterday I couldn't send text messages, but receiving them is no issue (still as of right now). I also have an identical plan on another identical phone that I ported at the same time but facing no issues with that device/line. PM did inform me the Telus family network is in fact having issues and they're diligently working on a fix.

Utilize WhatsApp, Facebook messenger etc if you need to send messages (any popular app/choice that uses data).

I experienced an issue like this several years ago with Telus and it took a couple of days for things to clear up. I'm not sure why one phone works but one doesn't; it seems completely random. 

If I hear anything back from the team, I'll post up.

Annie152

Please keep me posted

SRTMoe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

They're currently working on a fix. Telus & Koodo are experiencing an issue as well. I ported over two days ago and realized this afternoon I couldn't send texts, but could receive. I opened a ticket with PM. 

@Annie152 

start with Reset All networks and see if it helps

also, try to clear app cache for your messaging app

if that does not work, and if you are not using Google Message yet, download it and set as the default messaging app and test

if you are already using Google Message, you might want to delete data on app settings as well (but that would delete all your text history, be aware and backup first if necessary)

Annie152

Yes call in and out working but not text.  Android 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Annie152 

you got both incoming and outgoing calls? Android or iPhone?

try Reset All networks first.  
And if you have another phone, test your PM sim card there if you are using physical sim card

Need Help? Let's chat.