cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text saying that I am out of add on minutes - but actually not according to my account

jadedetrey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I was on the phone yesterday on a long distance call when I heard a text coming in. The text told me that I only had 10 minutes left of US calling. Then I got another text saying that I had run out of minutes. (I was still talking on the phone hen these texts came in). I decided to end the call bcs I figured we would be cut off at any moment.  Today I went to my public mobile account here thinking that I would buy more minutes but it showed, in fact, that I still had 600 + minutes left on my US calling add on. Hmmm... really? So I went and made a call to the US and sure enough it went through ( I talked for 30 minutes ).  I wonder why I got those texts saying that I had run out of minutes. Clearly I hadn't.  The only possible reason I might think of is that I MAY have purchased the US calling add on of 1000 minutes once before - and it hadn't run out when I went and topped it up with another 1000 minutes. Actually, I think I did purchase an add on of just 300 US minutes at one point - and maybe that ended? but I had also purchased the 1000 minutes US calling add on. ???? It doesn't totally add up though.  Thanks for your help ,  Jade

5 REPLIES 5

@jadedetrey wrote:

maybe... but it's not very clear. As I still have minutes left. Oh well. I dunno, I thought an admin would answer my question and have an answer 🙂 No big deal though. Thanks for your response

@jadedetrey  - we are customers and members like you here, not Public Mobile representatives.

Customer Support Agents (CSA) are PM employees and they can be contacted for account related issues.

But, it does sound like you are okay here. Do you show multiple 'buckets' (line items) of calling minutes.

It is possible the message you received was one of your buckets getting low. 

The important thing is that you see you have minutes on your Self Serve OVERVIEW section; this is the most accurate information to go by.

So if you see you are okay there, then you can safely ignore the message (although probably annoying and worrisome at first).

For future reference, when needed to contact CSA, methods found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

jadedetrey

maybe... but it's not very clear. As I still have minutes left. Oh well. I dunno, I thought an admin would answer my question and have an answer 🙂 No big deal though. Thanks for your response

jadedetrey

Yes, in my account it is showing that I have more minutes left.   The text messages are just confusing.... OK, I will ignore them. Thanks,  jade

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Maybe they text you to let you know when you run out of a certain add-on. Then they move on to the next add-on and use that up?

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @jadedetrey 

if you log in to your account and is show you has leftover minutes Add-ons, and is still working right ?

just ignore those message.

Need Help? Let's chat.