Text not working

Brendastevens63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't send or receive text 

6 REPLIES 6

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Brendastevens63 

This could be due to many things - without any feedback from you to the suggestions posted, it's difficult to ascertain further details.  Remember, we're just customers like you who are trying to assist toward a resolution.

One further thing, does ANY of the services work on your device?  (i.e.  calling, data,)

Kindly share some details about whether you're newly activated, moved from another carrier, what you've tried so far, details about your device model/make, and we may be able to further assist.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Brendastevens63  if a restart did not help (as @LeePublic already suggested) or other troubleshooting already posted perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Brendastevens63 Need more info. Have you joined PM recently? Have you restarted your phone? What's the model of your phone?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Brendastevens63   Was the text ever work on your phone?  It never works since you join PM? or just stopped working lately?

Did you try to put your SIM in another phone and see if issue presists?

Try clear cache of the Text app.  Or try another app as your default text app, like Google Message. 

@Brendastevens63 wrote:

I can't send or receive text 

If you're using an Android device, try disabled RCS chat features.  If you're using an iPhone device, try enabling the SMS setting.

Need Help? Let's chat.