cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages not working

Sachin666
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After i ported my number i still cannot receive any text messages andci don't understand why, this has literally never happened before, do u need to change my number please help, 

8 REPLIES 8

Like I mentioned before, scroll up to the top right corner and you will see the mail box with the number you need to call. It might be too late in the evening but try tomorrow morning.

Sachin666

When i did have the old sim yez it would take and receive calls and text on my whatever phone had rhe sim, i contacted shaw to they said it was public mobile responsibly 

@Sachin666 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls, wok  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

I'll send you the porting team number and they can fix it for you. Look up at your mail box.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1697848647232.png

Sachin666

I noticed ot on verification text i dont receive should i just change my number 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That shouldn’t happen @Sachin666 

try rebooting, resetting network connections and removing and reinserting SIM card

Sachin666

I texted yes the old sim cardchad been destroyed 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Sachin666 

When you ported over, did you get a text message from your other provider asking permission to port number? Did you reply yes? Also, if you put your old providers SIM card in, do you see their name up top and can you still make calls?

Need Help? Let's chat.