cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages not working

EoinMccormack
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently subscribed to a plan with an esim and while my calls and data are working I am not receiving text messages. This is causing problems with my online account access too as I cannot receive the verification codes being sent to me.

This esim is my only active sim on my phone and my previous sim was not a Canadian SIM card. I have tried rebooting my phone and Turing on/off the esim line but not working. I’ve also tried to add my new number under the ‘phone’ table in settings but this is not working either. Please can someone help, the chat bots are sending me in loops.

6 REPLIES 6

Hey @ChrisfromPEI 

This is how Public Mobile is run. We here are all customers just like you. We just point you in the right direction to either help fix your issue or point you in the right direction to get help from a customer service agent.  Whether Public Mobile's CSA's respond is up to them. Once again, we are all just customers here.

If you have concerns, your recourse is to contact the CCTS. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/ccts

The best part of this link is how Public Mobile asks you to contact them by creating a ticket. The link doesn't even work. Next option, CCTS.

ChrisfromPEI
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is the worst experience with a company ive ever dealt with.

Chat bots and message boards? tickets that don't get responded to? wow i know im outta here. sorry guys your going to need to hire people for your support team to talk live on the phone to help. Waiting days for a generic response is horrible.

ChrisfromPEI
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

48 hours did nothing for me. This is the worst experience with a company ive ever dealt with.

Chat bots and message boards? tickets that dont get responded to? wow i know im outta here.

kcorscadden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If it is a recent activation, it can take approximately 48 hrs for ALL FUNCTIONS to start working.  Until then, you'll be able to either send or receive texts but not do both.

Not sure why it takes so long, but that seems to be the timeframe.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

There seems to be issues with new subscribers and texting. If it's an iPhone, turn off iMessages and FaceTime and reboot then turn them back on.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1712598519791.png

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@EoinMccormack  Public mobile is struggling with new activations right now . Please 

submit ticket with support . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

If that doesn’t work you can always send  direct  private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.