cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages not being received

Ben8888
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent: I have not been receiving text messages from a number of people by they are receiving my messages. 

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ben8888 - to add to @Handy1 post...

To perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings see below. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone: To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode. Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android: Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

@Ben8888 

If Android, try adjusting Chat messages options.

1. tap Messaging app, 

2. tap 3 little dots top right, 

3. select Settings, 

4. under Chat settings, scroll to "Select default messaging type", 

5. toggle it to Automatic or Text/multimedia msg

For Apple, adjust the iMessage settings:

1. tap the Settings app,

2. tap Messages,

3. turn  iMessage off by toggling the switch to grey from green.

@Ben8888 Are you on Android?  

If so, try to download Google Message, put it as the default messaging app and test again.  This new app helped many with different text issues

Ben8888
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes. This all started last week... Sporadically I'll receive a text, but some are missing (have verified with the senders). 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ben8888  Can you try SIM card in another phone and see if services work . Also tre rebooting the device or reset network setting maybe 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ben8888   did you just join Public Mobile and requested porting in your number?  If you did, you sure you are getting incoming calls at all?  Call from another phone and see if you are receiving the call on your PM phone

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ben8888 

have you been able to get texts from those people in the past ?

Need Help? Let's chat.