cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message

jaclyne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched from Virgin to Public. Got my SIM card and transferred my number over. I can receive and call out no problem, but cannot send or receive texts. So I am unable to verify my account and access anything because I cannot receive confi...

3 REPLIES 3

Nick46
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same issue, where I am unable to send or receive text messages. It's been 4 days now since I switched over to Public Mobile, and it is still not working. The worst part is that I cannot use the CS Agent links because I always get a "Forbidden A1" error message on a blank screen when I try!

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @jaclyne 

Public Mobile is dealing with issues when it comes to SMS on Android and iMessages and FaceTime and such. There is no ETA of when it will be resolved. Here is their announcement.

Hey Community,

We are aware that some of you are currently unable to successfully use iMessage and or FaceTime features,  and we understand how frustrating this can be. Our teams are working diligently to find the cause. 

In the meantime, please try troubleshoot steps:
Tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will continue to keep you updated. 

Thank you,

• Public Mobile Team

Keep an eye on this thread as they SHOULD update it when things are fixed.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Open-Issue-Trouble-using-iMessage-amp-F...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @jaclyne 

Yes, if only SMS an issue, it is a PM system problem with new activation.   Voice, data both work but just SMS is the problem.  And with the SMS problem, it will affect account verification.   PM is aware of the problem and can only fix the issue one account at a time.   

Please submit a ticket with CS Agent  by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437      

Need Help? Let's chat.