cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message reminder for upcoming Public Mobile bill payment due!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Hi, has anyone started receiving text message reminders again for upcoming payments due on a certain date?

I received a text message from Public Mobile saying:

Public Mobile here. Your payment is due on Aug 15 & there are insufficient funds in your account to renew your plan. To view your upcoming bill, manage your payments or sign up for pre-authorized payments, visit https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/, and go to the My Payment tab.

Note: I added enough funds right before I received this text but I was surprised to receive it though. I haven’t received text messages for upcoming bill reminders in several months!

6 REPLIES 6

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Thanks everyone, maybe it all the sudden decided to remind me for some odd reason! I don’t use autopay with a card on my account. I always add funds. Yet, this is the 1st time I’ve received a reminder text in several months! I always have all my bills due payment reminders set on my iPhone’s calendar to remind me of all my bills a week & 2 days in advance anyways but the text message was a nice notification!

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Mines renewing tonight and I didn't get anything, but I'm also an auto pay. 

@Chalupa_Batman

that could very likely be the case. I have Autopay and a valid credit card on my account and haven't rec'd the reminder for several months now. My account is due to renew on the 14th of Aug...but haven't rec'd the reminder yet whereas our friend @LitlLdy got that reminder for her renewal on Aug 15. Sounds like she manually pays every 30 days instead of Autopay.

I haven't received it yet. Then again it's not due till the 22nd. Last message for payment came back in April. I did get some weird message about uninterrupted service...  it was message 2 of 2 meaning I didn't get the first message part. Coincidentally enough it was roughly the time I had to update my credit card info. 

I thought I read somewhere that if you're set on Autopay on a credit card, you will no longer get that message. If you're set up to come off vouchers, you will get it. Can any Oracles confirm this for @LitlLdy  ?

@hairbag1 wrote:

@LitlLdy 

not here...yet. Next renewal is a few days away so it might occur soonly ! I haven't rec'd that reminder for several months now.

@hairbag1 , please let me know if you do.

I was happy that I received it even though I just added the funds right before I received the text message!

It would have been nice though if I had of received a confirmation text stating that I paid on it like it used to.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@LitlLdy 

not here...yet. Next renewal is a few days away so it might occur soonly ! I haven't rec'd that reminder for several months now.

Need Help? Let's chat.