cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text form public mobile

mdalalonde
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi , the text received from public mobile always received in french? Why? And how to change to English correspondence? Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

@computergeek541- And I was catching up with posts after some tv and saw the reply having you as the in-response-to and looked at your reply and tried it and it worked and then noticed the edit timestamp and figured you must have edited it. But without saying anything. So I piped in with what I wrote. Nor did I notice it when you first replied.

@dust2dust wrote:

@computergeek541- I saw your edit timestamp after the OP said 404 so I figured. It's also why I try to suggest to people to say or show what they edited. Alas.

I hadn't yet read the OP's reply to me, but when I was quickly looking through some messages, I noticed that the link that I provided didn't look right (It had a mispelling, was cut short, or had an extra word attached - something like that). I clicked on it in case the link itself went to the right place (the text in the post can be different than the actual linked page), but it sent me to some invalid page.  For a while, I don't think anyone noticed the bad link unitl the OP mentioned it.

@computergeek541- I saw your edit timestamp after the OP said 404 so I figured. It's also why I try to suggest to people to say or show what they edited. Alas.

@dust2dust wrote:

It looks like there was an edit on that link at first. Try it again. But sometimes it's problematic anyway so try the recent one.

Sorry. That was my mistake.  For some reason, when I pasted it, the end of the address was cut off.

It looks like there was an edit on that link at first. Try it again. But sometimes it's problematic anyway so try the recent one.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Hi Lehaha among others, how goes it on this fine evening?

@mdalalonde 

contact support team by private message CS_Agent 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I sometimes get both English and French randomly. For instance the receipt of my last top up for my renewal was in French, no rhyme or reason, pretty weird.

mdalalonde
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, this link is no good reads 404 not found, how else could I get a ticket opened for this issue?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mdalalonde 

Did you accidently choose "french" when you were asked which language you would prefer correspondence from public mobile to be in? Use the link supplied by @computergeek541  to contact customer support to change that preference.

@computergeek541 

You would think that this would be something you could change in your self serve account? But this is public mobile so common sense gets thrown out the window in this regard...lol...🤔?

A ticket will need to be opened to ask a customer support agent to change this.  Please go to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.