cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text and data

PChiu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone plan is unlimited text and pic message , why when my data is full I cannot text 

8 REPLIES 8

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

Just using imessage on mobile data would be difficult to consume all of your plan data but if you have just generally used your plan data up and you are not connected to WiFi then i message would not work which is what I'm guessing has happened if SMS/MMS has not been selected on an iPhone.

@darlicious - ahh yes, i see.

@esjliv 

Just using imessage on mobile data would be difficult to consume all of your plan data but if you have just generally used your plan data up and you are not connected to WiFi then i message would not work which is what I'm guessing has happened if SMS/MMS has not been selected on an iPhone.

@darlicious wrote:

@PChiu 

Do you Have an iPhone? You would have to select SMS/MMS in your settings. If you are trying to send imessages they use data so you won't be able to send or recieve them if you have used all of your plan data.

@darlicious ...unless you are connected to wifi, then that should not use up your data plan allotment, correct?

@PChiu 

Do you Have an iPhone? You would have to select SMS/MMS in your settings. If you are trying to send imessages they use data so you won't be able to send or recieve them if you have used all of your plan data.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PChiu 

I can understand your frustration with this. Let’s follow the steps below to clear cache on your Android phone:

In the Settings menu, choose the Application and then open the Application Manager.

Swipe the menu to get the list of the apps and search for the Message app.

When you will open the App info, you will see the Clear Data and Clear Cache option.

You can clear both the Data and Cache and then restart your device and see if the problem is fixed or not.

Sometimes you are not able to send text messages is mainly because of the Message app itself. You can try to force stop it and restart. To force stop the app, you can follow the steps as:

Go to the Settings menu and open the Application.

In the Application Manager, swipe down to see all the applications.

Now, look for the Messaging app in the list and click on it when you find it.

When you open the app info, you will see an option that says Force Stop.

Tap on it and then restart your device.

You can also try to reset your network settings:

Open Settings.

Tap System.

Choose Reset options.

Tap Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PChiu wrote:

My phone plan is unlimited text and pic message , why when my data is full I cannot text 

This could be tying in to some people saying that some data is being used for MMS. If you do not see any line mentioning data on your overview page under data & add-ons then you've used up your data. Or if you try to browse to a page and it comes up with a Public Mobile page. That indicates that you've used your data.

So...do you have data left? Did MMS work before you ran out of data?

If not and turning on data and sending or receiving an MMS doesn't work when it did before you ran out of data then that would be interesting and something that the company would need to fix.

If it's an Android and if you're not sending a pic to a group or even a message to a group then interesting.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @PChiu ,

Make sure your MMS is on. Picture texting does not consume your data allotment.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@PChiu wrote:

In the phone settings, make sure data is turned ON.

Need Help? Let's chat.