cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text add on not working

Hagar13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Purchased a US text add on yesterday, to use while I'm in Alaska. Roaming is turned on, confirmed add on in account, but it's not working. Any idea?

11 REPLIES 11

Hagar13

Thanks for your reply, we're in Fairbanks. Seems odd to not have service here, but now I know it's not just me.

@cruciferous   It's weird.  I checked both T-Mobile and AT&T and they both said they have coverage in most Alaska state (at least the major cities)

Open a ticket with PM Support and tell them your experience, they might do something to compensation, maybe partial refund.  Push them on that

cruciferous
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife and I had the same problem last week while we were in Alaska. We were able to use Talk/Text/Data only when we were in Ketchikan AK. Every other city we visited we had no service. Rebooted iPhones several times, no luck. Reached out to customer service and got nowhere. 
Sorry, I know that doesn’t help. Just wanted to let you know it’s not just you. 

@Hagar13 wrote:

Note, the phone is Google Pixel 3a.

Turn RCS chatting off.

@Hagar13 wrote:

In the phone, I don't have AT+T or T-Mobile as a selection to choose from.

Look in your network settings for the manual network operator.  No AT&T or T-Mobile means there's no signal there.

Hagar13

Note, the phone is Google Pixel 3a.

Hagar13

In the phone, I don't have AT+T or T-Mobile as a selection to choose from.

Hagar13

I did reboot the phone twice, but no luck.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Hagar13 

Did you reboot your phone by powering off the phone and wait 2 minutes then power back on?

- Your Cellular Data should be enabled in your Cellular settings.

- In your Network Selection settings should be connected to AT&T or T- Mobile carriers.

Data doesn't need to be enabled because text messagiog doesn't use any data.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Hagar13 

Did you reboot your phone by powering off the phone and wait 2 minutes then power back on?

- Your Cellular Data should be enabled in your Cellular settings.

- In your Network Selection settings should be connected to AT&T or T- Mobile carriers.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Hagar13 wrote:

Purchased a US text add on yesterday, to use while I'm in Alaska. Roaming is turned on, confirmed add on in account, but it's not working. Any idea?

On iPhone, turn on SMS mode.  On iPhone, iMessgae uses data and on Android, RCS uses data.

Need Help? Let's chat.