cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Unlimited Data Offer

Winger4013
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received this text message recently. I currently have 15 gigs at 4G for $40/mth.  I get the original refer a friend rewards and loyalty reward, etc.  Is there any downfall to accepting this new offer I received? 382638146_1673600783158811_4895117703510139448_n.jpg

17 REPLIES 17

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@Winger4013 No catch! They're trying to get you to spend more money, and offering great value return.

But like @computergeek541 said, even if you don't take this offer you should at the very least switch to the $39/20GB plan. It's $1 less than you're paying now for 5GB more data. Again, no catch. 

@Winger4013 wrote:

How does the monthly reward system work on 90 day plans?  Pay the full price up front and then get 3 credits each cycle?

Not sure if you've found the answer to this elswhere, but, FWIW...

You'll end up with 3x the rewards for a 3x 30 = 90 day plan. However, rewards are based on the previous cycle, so you'll accumulate the rewards during the 90days to be applied to your next renewal (for another 90 days unless you change plans). (which, if you have been around for 5+ years, is different to how the system was programmed for, say, the infamous 2016 fall promo).

If you switch from 30 to 90 day plan:

- In the afternoon before renewal night, auto pay, loyalty and RAF rewards for the previous 30 days are added to available funds. 

- renewal night: 90 day plan cost minus available funds is charged to the card on file

- day 30/90: loyalty and RAF $$ for the just completed 30 days are added to available funds

- day 60/90: loyalty and RAF $$ for the just completed 30 days are added to available funds

- day 90/90 (= afternoon before renewal) : loyalty and RAF $$ for the just completed 30 days are added tded to available funds. 

- renewal night: 90 day plan cost minus available funds is charged to the card on file

Screenshot 2023-09-07 11.21.49.png

** Community rewards, if applicable, are added to available funds as they are handed out

** If you buy long distance or roaming add-ons during the cycle, the amount will be taken from available funds. So technically, in that case your rewards are used up for the add-ons instead of the plan renewal.

** The payment prediction page is not properly programmed for 90 day cycles. So, if you pay by voucher, do your own math ( on the afternoon before renewal it's plan cost minus availble funds). Ignore the whole batch of phantom rewards that the system retracts for the prediction despite them being credited to available funds already)

Edited formatting

Winger4013

How does the monthly reward system work on 90 day plans?  Pay the full price up front and then get 3 credits each cycle?

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @will13am 

cost-wise it is cheaper, but you will be tie to a 90 days contract. 

I don't really see a problem here.  It is not like plans cheaper than $34/20GB plans are a dime a dozen in the open market.  I am not going anywhere any time soon, are you?  

HI @will13am 

cost-wise it is cheaper, but you will be tie to a 90 days contract. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Winger4013 wrote:

I received this text message recently. I currently have 15 gigs at 4G for $40/mth.  I get the original refer a friend rewards and loyalty reward, etc.  Is there any downfall to accepting this new offer I received? 

Even if you don't feel the extra $5 is worth spending on a plan, your plan should at least be changed to the $39 plan that includes 20GB. There's no advantage to keeping your current plan.

Wouldn't be even better to sign up for the $102/60GB/90 day plan?  Save more money, more flexibility because data doesn't expire for 90 days.  

"When changing plans, there isn't any way to accidently opt into points.  Customers aren't prompted to take points during the process.  A customer would need to load a seperate page on the website or app to change to points."

Good to know, I thought I had seen some people complaining about accidentally switching but I must have been mistaken.

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

Just be careful not to opt to switch to the points system when you change plans.  There is also a 50GB unlimited 5G plan for $45 per 30 days if you go for the 90 days option on the $55 plan.  So 150 GB up front to last 90 days.

When changing plans, there isn't any way to accidently opt into points.  Customers aren't prompted to take points during the process.  A customer would need to load a seperate page on the website or app to change to points.

Just be careful not to opt to switch to the points system when you change plans.  There is also a 50GB unlimited 5G plan for $45 per 30 days if you go for the 90 days option on the $55 plan.  So 150 GB up front to last 90 days.

@Winger4013 wrote:

I received this text message recently. I currently have 15 gigs at 4G for $40/mth.  I get the original refer a friend rewards and loyalty reward, etc.  Is there any downfall to accepting this new offer I received? 

Even if you don't feel the extra $5 is worth spending on a plan, your plan should at least be changed to the $39 plan that includes 20GB. There's no advantage to keeping your current plan.

HI @Winger4013 

changing plans won't affect the rewards system you are in now.  So, if you are on the legacy rewards, you will still be on the good old system after the plan change.  

Reply Yes to take advantage of it.  Make sure you take a screenshot just in case

Winger4013

I was worried about some new point system I saw a while back. Didn't know if that was replacing the original rewards and this new plan was a way to migrate me into it.  I save $14 per month currently and I don't want to give that up.  

@Winger4013 wrote:

For $5 more, it's worth it to not have to think about it. 

hi @Winger4013 

you have the right call 🙂

Winger4013

For $5 more, it's worth it to not have to think about it. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Great offer! If you are on your phone all the time outside of WiFi range this makes it unlimited data for $45. I assume 'reduced speed' is not 64k modem speed 🙂 🙂

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No downfall!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Winger4013 

no downfall, it is real

you will still get the same friend referral rewards discount as before

Need Help? Let's chat.