cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible reception

stranded_sailor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok i have to ask this. I'm using a Samsung note 9. I live in eastern Canada. Does everyone that does not live in a major city have such awful service? Even when I have 4g with 3 out of 5 bars I'm waiting minutes for simple web pages to load. Videos buffer constantly. Seems the only thing that works half reliably is Spotify. I have 30 gigs and only am getting through half of it because 60% of the time that I want to do something I just can't. Is there anything I can do or is it really just that bad? If it is than why do we pay more per month than any other province west of qc?

3 REPLIES 3

stranded_sailor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't live in a city. I'm in a province that barley has a million ppl in it. Less than half of those live in the only city in the province. So if I need to be in a city for this phone to work properly ive only got about 200 sq km to work within. I live on a boat. I'm always within range of a tower but seldom see over 3 bars 4g (paying for a 5g package). Often now It has the h beside the bars. I got to say, as soon as I can I'm likely getting rid of cell completely and just work of of starlink If I'm not home than I guess I don't need to talk to ya kind of deal. I'm tired of paying for a service (every cell company here) that is sub par. Never mind that with most companies our cell bill is 20 to 40$ more a month than anywhere west of Quebec. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Maybe there's something wrong in the APN:

APN Settings:
If you're able to edit then use the following. If adding then let us know.
Name: whatever you want
APN: sp.mb.com
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS port: 8799
APN type: default,mms,dun
APN enable/disable: APN enabled - probably on anyway and greyed out
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D

Save, then select to use, then go in and out of airplane mode

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

ho @stranded_sailor 

do you see thr same slowness everywhere in the city try?? try click Reset All Networks and check

Try to use  different browser like Chrome

Need Help? Let's chat.