cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination

Hiranga
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I got a phone call and they said they are from public mobile and they going to terminate my phone number. I need to know about this.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Hiranga   certain it is a spam

But what the call wanted from you?  asked you enter credit card on the phone?  just wondering what kind of scam is that

And if I am correct, it said you have a Koodo or Telus account? those Scammers lookup the phone number and always assume the number is Koodo or Telus

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Hiranga Considering PM is a 3rd tier service provider and all of their support is online it's highly doubtful you will get a proactive call from PM saying they are going to terminate your service.  I would just ignore the call/VM.

lawmalibiran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Definitely seems like a scam or spam of some sort.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PM does not call customers regarding suspended accounts or close to 90 day cut off date.

Next time ask for call back phone number nd name of the person calling.

This has to be Scam, nothing else!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Hiranga   no one will call you about terminating phone number.  I wonder if it is a spam/phishing calls

is your account supposed to be active?  is the service working?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I call fake too. I've never heard of a termination warning call. Maybe change your account password.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Hiranga - is this account in suspended status?

Once you have been in nonpay/suspended status for over 90 days, or ported your Public Mobile number to another provider, then you lost your Public Mobile account, phone number, and access to My Account.

EDIT, but you said you got a phone call?? Was it an automated one. I'd be careful about pressing any buttons or providing any info to this caller.

Can you call 611 to check the status and message. Or log into My Account to check the status. If all okay, and Active i'd ignore that call.

Need Help? Let's chat.