cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminating my public mobile account

TAD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I terminate my account should I wish to do so? 

6 REPLIES 6

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TAD wrote:

REMOVE the card!! and   check your credit card after.  I had friend who cancelled the account but PM kept charging.  Luckily PM gave back the money in the end

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@TAD 

If you don't plan on taking your number with you and you are on the old rewards program you may wish to offer it up for an account transfer to someone else who wants to be on the old rewards program. You can communicate via private messages to come up with a mutually agreeable arrangement.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

To pre-verify your account, provide your full name, address, your email, phone # and 4-digit account PIN#

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Remove autopay to stop auto pay. Remove credit card info to avoid accident charged by PM. Your account will be suspended without payment at your next renewal date. 90 days after suspension, your account will be cancelled.

Yummy_0-1647649470102.png

Click on Automatic Payments, then on Remove AutoPay

Yummy_1-1647649481099.png

Port your number to other provider. Your account will be cancelled immediately. But still do above, just in case as people did get charged by error after porting out.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@TAD wrote:

@TAD  if you port your Public Mobile number to another provider, that will close your account here automatically.

OR, if you remove any registered card or do not add funds for the next renewal, then after 90 days in nonpay/suspended status this will also close your account permanently.

If you have funds enough to renew your plan, than you can list your phone lost/stolen, which suspends your account. After 90 days like this, it is closed/gone.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TAD If you want to keep your number and bring it to another provider. Ensure PM account is active and port your number to another company. Before you do the port it's suggested to remove your credit card from your account by clicking payment then bottom left manage my card as once the port is requested and done the account is closed.

If you don't want to keep your number. Log into account click payment then bottom left manage my card and remove credit card (if you have one on file) when system can't collect money the account will be placed in suspended status. 90 days in this state account is closed and number is gone.

Need Help? Let's chat.