cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporay transfer of eSIM to another phone for one week

Redline
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently subscribed to PM and selected eSIM option.  Setup was fast and easy on my Pixel 7 Pro.

I am planning to vacation in the Dominican and wish to transfer this eSIM to my older Pixel 4 Pro while vacationing.  (a precaution in case phone is lost, damaged or stolen)

Can I easily transfer the eSIM from Pixel 7 Pro to Pixel 4 Pro for a week ... then transfer back to the Pixel 7 Pro again upon return from vacation?  How?

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

@Redline  Yes you would burn the esim each time you change phones and have to re buy it . Only physical sim can you keep swapping in and out of different phones with no extra cost 

Redline
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Handy1 Thank you for your quick responce.  This sounds like a good option.  In fact I have a new physical SIM card for Public Mobile but chose to use eSIM during my registration.

One question, if I purchased anothe eSIM for my old device, can I swap back and forth using the technique to SIM swap over and over again?  Or do you burn the eSIM each time you swap out?

Regards

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Redline , since this service does not have roaming capabilities where you will be vacationing, there is not much benefit in transferring the e-SIM to a different phone even if it was possible.  Since both of your phones are p-SIM compatible, it might be worthwhile getting one when you are back from vacation.  Use the e-SIM option for buying service where you vacation as necessary.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Redline  No sorry you cannot transfer esim to one phone to another . You would need to rebuy a esim . This is why I prefer I prefer physical sim you could  just take out of one phone and put it in another phone no added cost . But to buy new esim you would need to download the app on the phone you want esim and log into your account . Go to subscription add on page and notice “shop SIM card now “ in my screen shot tap it and choose esim and install that’s it . 

Handy1_0-1705025038663.png

Or consider going to Telus / Koodo store and pick up physical SIM card . Also can get from Amazon for $4.99 and sim swap the number in your account profile page 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1705025217855.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

Need Help? Let's chat.