cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary phone number persists after porting-in

DadKingJr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Had difficulty migrating both our phones from Koodo to PM.  The transfer operations failed and had to get Customer Support to help complete the activations and porting of phone numbers.  In one case, the temporary number that was assigned to activate the SIM card, still persists after the old number was ported.  Some contacts report that SMS messages from the phone are showing up as originating from that temporary number.

After dozens of restarts, was able to determine that the issue is tied to the SIM card.  Picked up a new PM SID card, but I'm not sure how to activate it and transfer the old phone number to it, as it's not like we're changing service providers...

2 REPLIES 2

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

To transfer number from one SIM to another go to: Profile
where you can do this:

- Change phone number

- Change SIM number

- Transfer Phone Number

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @DadKingJr 

can you login to My Account?  try.  at the 2FA step, click "didn't receive code" and then see if send email is there as an option.

If you can login, go to Profile page, and change the sim card by clicking the pencil besides sim card number, enter the new sim card number

or if you still cannot login, ask support agent to help.  PM porting support team can help.  I have sent you the porting support team number.  Please check your Community inbox (envelope on top right), check for the number and call

Need Help? Let's chat.