cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus port-in issue resolved in an hour.

jocadola
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had an active Telus line on a month-to-month plan and decided to make the switch to Public Mobile. 

During the application process, the port-in portal said my phone number was not eligible to be ported over.

I was able to get this resolved in about an hour and here's the steps I took to do so:

1. Activate your Public Mobile account with a temporary phone number.

2. Have the number you want ported, along with your previous provider's account number on hand.

3. Call the Public Mobile port-in line to have this issue resolved. (pm me for the phone number)

4. Once you connect with an agent, let them know that the port-in portal isn't accepting your phone number.

5. Once the port-in is initiated, you will receive a text from your previous provider saying a port over has been initiated. At this point you'll have 90 minutes to reply back with a "Yes" to initiate the port over. 

6. Your phone line should disconnect in the next few minutes but in some cases can take up to 48 hours. 

Big thanks to @Handy1  for the port-in phone number. If you are unable to get ahold of an agent, submitting a ticket through Public Mobile could be a viable alternate step. 

1 REPLY 1

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@jocadola  Yay happy  to have helped . Welcome to public mobile and happy new year 🥳 

Need Help? Let's chat.