cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus has the fastest wireless network in Canada, according to Ookla Speedtest

Good1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
14 REPLIES 14

@RobertQc, source for what? DL speeds are within 1.5% now.

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I saw this topic and I was like teehee, lemme try some speed tests again of 3G. Got 8Mbit down/ 2Mbit up. Good, I like using 3G.

Then I switch to 4G just to check ping and jitter, and then it spikes to 41Mbit down, and I force shutdown speed test. Public Mobile's throttling kinda sucks. Lol. I don't know how much that used, maybe like 50MB of data because butterfingers trying to close app.

@sheytoon wrote:

@RobertQc, the Open Signal results clearly showed Telus was faster 6 months ago. It seems Bell has made some improvements since then and they're back at being equal now.

Source?

@RobertQc, the Open Signal results clearly showed Telus was faster 6 months ago. It seems Bell has made some improvements since then and they're back at being equal now.

@@sheytoon wrote:

The difference between Bell and Telus is splitting hairs. They're basically equal.

"Telus tops Bell and Rogers in LTE speed, says OpenSignal report" https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/02/07/canada-lte-connections-speed-increase-2017-opensignal-report/

Screen-Shot-2018-02-07-at-11.59.59-AM.png

@popping wrote:

@RobertQc

Someone said that the current 3G plan is throttled to 3Mbps if your phone is set at  LTE.  You get full 3G speed when you set your phone to 3G.

Does this effect latency? I was under the impression hooking up as 3G instead of LTE would put you on the older 3G WCDMA: 850/1900MHz setup.

@ShawnC13 wrote:
@RobertQc wrote:

Their network might be the fastest, but my 3G is throttled 😉 WTG Telus

Yes but that was your choice in plans you didn't need to choose it lol

Of course lol. I use less than 1mb per day so even 2G / GPRS / Edge / 1G would be ok. I didn't mean it in a bad way 🙂

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

The difference between Bell and Telus is splitting hairs. They're basically equal.

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@popping wrote:

@RobertQc

Someone said that the current 3G plan is throttled to 3Mbps if your phone is set at  LTE.  You get full 3G speed when you set your phone to 3G.

Shhh.  Loose lips sinks ships. 

@will13am this has been pretty widely dissemenated already.  I don't think this is going to increase the likelihood or timing of this loophole eventually becoming closed.

Why take the risk.  Who knows, this might be fixed before moving onto correcting the password reset function.  Go after the low hanging fruit first, lol. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@popping wrote:

@RobertQc

@will13am this has been pretty widely dissemenated already.  I don't think this is going to increase the likelihood or timing of this loophole eventually becoming closed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

From my perspective, this is a great talking point for the marketing hype.  Practically, this means absolutely nothing to the average user.  Data usage continues to be the weak link in cellular plans.  Why do people need wireless data speed that is faster than most home internet plans to consume all of a few GB each month? 

@popping wrote:

@RobertQc

@RobertQc wrote:

@Good1 wrote:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/08/01/telus-fastest-network-canada-ookla-speedtest-report/

Keep it up Telus! 🙂

Their network might be the fastest, but my 3G is throttled 😉 WTG Telus

Yes but that was your choice in plans you didn't need to choose it lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Good1 wrote:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/08/01/telus-fastest-network-canada-ookla-speedtest-report/

Keep it up Telus! 🙂

Their network might be the fastest, but my 3G is throttled 😉

(I know, I chose and pay for and am happy with 3G)

WTG Telus, keep up the good work

Need Help? Let's chat.