cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus, PM, Koodo competing with each other - why?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is getting a bit confusing - same company fighting against each other to get new customers. Cut and pasting yet another offer - this time from Telus.

TELUS Offer: We have an exclusive data offer just for you. Get 3GB of data for only $10/month or 10GB for $25/month. Hurry, offer ends 2018-10-29

4 REPLIES 4

lemew07
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

They are all seperate companies owned by Telus.

Each company has its own goals like atracting new customers. I was once a Telus customer found a better deal at Koodo asked Telus Mobillity to match the plan. They said they could not at the present time I moved to Koodo. I then found Public Mobile asked Koodo to match my plan they could not so I left for PM. As a older person I thouhgt I would have trouble navigating the selfserve portal and the only customer service through Email but actualy find it fairly easy. I have had  my issues resolved at this point. Cheers Ada

Wonder_why

I love the ADDs On $15/10GB from Koodo text 5144 got back messages

Koodo:Sorry, it doesn't look like you're eligible for this offer at this moment. We'll be sure to keep you in mind for furture deals! 

BEER

Would like to add to my post that It seems that this Telus data offer is only offered to selected customers. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@BEER

It looks like that this strategy is part of the Telus business model.  Get new customers on the tier 3 Public Mobile via competitive pricing.  Offer the Koodo migration offer to move people to Koodo.  Even though the Koodo deals are attractive, over the long term, customers will pay more to Telus.  Moving to the top tier Telus, again over long term, most customers will pay more.  

Also, it looks good on the books for the shareholders, more customers on their higher tier brands.....  

Need Help? Let's chat.