cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone transfer?

emberlygreen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I started with Public Mobil a month ago—I thought I had transferred my number over from Bell at that time.  i have been sending and receiving text messages and able to make outgoing phone calls.  I have been trying to contact someone to help me because I have not been able to receive incoming calls—the caller gets my voicemail automatically.  

Suddenly, out of the blue today, Public Mobil sent me a new phone number and it is now attached when I text someone, automatically attaching the new number.  This is infuriating.  Had I known I could not use my original number, I would not have switched.  Can someone help please? 

10 REPLIES 10

There is probably s9me sort of automatic reconciliation that happens when two services have the same number. Activating with a ported number that fails to properly port creates that scenario. So if PM changed the number to a new one just now it was likely an automatic fix in the system because a customer never completed the Port ( for whatever reason) after the existing number was put into service via a new provider.

AE_Collector

@Anonymous 

Didn't want to jinx that by saying so...🤞🤞

Anonymous
Not applicable

A wrench in this story is whether the OP manually cancelled their Bell account due to maybe seeing another renewal charge for it.

@emberlygreen 

Follow @softech 's advice by confirming that your bell account is still active. If so you can initiate a new porting request thru your self serve account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Yes. I think softech has assessed it perfectly.

We know inbound calls are the last thing to work. Seems there's a timeout of waiting. Then the intended recipient provider will drop the number and supply a new random number to the account.

I would highly suspect the sending account is still active and working.

Why the customer waited this long to try to figure this out is a mystery.

@Anonymous wrote:

@emberlygreen : Please don't waste your time with any of the above long post other than maybe contacting the CSA's. Your number didn't port.

Do you suppose the OP had partial service for a month with an incomplete port @Anonymous 

It would be interesting if their Bell service (SIM) still functions when placed in their device.  I hope that's not the case as they'd been paying for 2 services for the past month.   At this point, seems they'd just have to do a port using self-serve option like @softech advises.

Hopefully @emberlygreen updates us at to their findings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@emberlygreen : Please don't waste your time with any of the above long post other than maybe contacting the CSA's. Your number didn't port.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@emberlygreen 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,

you can try to test your SIM card in another device to you know the issue from SIM card network or your device issue.

if you can't fix it you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to them can solve, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@emberlygreen wrote:

I started with Public Mobil a month ago—I thought I had transferred my number over from Bell at that time.  i have been sending and receiving text messages and able to make outgoing phone calls.  I have been trying to contact someone to help me because I have not been able to receive incoming calls—the caller gets my voicemail automatically.  

Suddenly, out of the blue today, Public Mobil sent me a new phone number and it is now attached when I text someone, automatically attaching the new number.  This is infuriating.  Had I known I could not use my original number, I would not have switched.  Can someone help please? 

Were you ever able to receive any phone calls on your PM SIM?

Can you login to your Bell account and confirm if your Bell account still there?  If so, it is possible that the porting did not completed

Also, if you have the bell SIM with you, put it back into the phone and see if you can make outgoing calls and receive incoming.  That would confirm if your Bell account is still active

if the Bell account / SIM works, that likely because you didn't reply the texting from Bell to authorize the porting.   

You will have to login to your My Account , request Change number and go through the porting process again.  And most importantly, you need to have your Bell SIM in a phone ready to receive the text and reply YES within 90 minutes

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That is odd @emberlygreen 

I presume you must have replied "YES" to the port authorization request upon activation to have been able to use your prior number.

IF YOU DID, I would certainly take this to the Customer Support Agents (CSA) and have them remedy this for you.

To contact a CSA, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select contact Customer Support Agent, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.